Buildbot failures after migrating from Distribute to Setuptools

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jun 11 13:53:16 PDT 2013

On 06/11/2013 01:38 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2013-6-12 04:44 , Blair Zajac wrote:
>> Looking at https://trac.macports.org/changeset/106911, shouldn't the
>> ones that use depends_lib, e.g. loggerhead, have their revision bumped?
>
> Maintainers should determine whether their modules actually need to be
> rebuilt. It shouldn't be needed in most cases.

I don't understand.

This would seem to be a requirement to have the deprecated py*distribute
be removed for installed ports.  Without each maintainer doing this,
then I get these (I had py25-protobuf installed for months):

root at poppy-powerbook:/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/sysutils/ansible#
port -u -v uninstall
--->  Unable to uninstall py25-distribute @0.6.45_0, the following ports
depend on it:
--->    py25-protobuf @2.5.0_0
Error: org.macports.uninstall for port py25-distribute returned: Please
uninstall the ports that depend on py25-distribute first.
Warning: targets not executed for py25-distribute: org.macports.uninstall
Please see the log file for port py25-distribute for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_py25-distribute_0.6.45_0/py25-distribute/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for py25-distribute
@0.6.45_0
--->  Unable to uninstall py25-distribute @0.6.45_0, the following ports
depend on it:
--->    py25-protobuf @2.5.0_0
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on
py25-distribute first.

I own py-protobuf, so this one isn't a big deal, but it seems like we
should bump the rev for all ports with depends_lib.

Blair