[MacPorts] #39282: Submission: octopus

David Strubbe dstrubbe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 15:28:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM, MacPorts <noreply at macports.org> wrote:

> #39282: Submission: octopus
> -------------------------+--------------------------------
>   Reporter:  dstrubbe@…  |      Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>       Type:  submission  |     Status:  new
>  Component:  ports       |    Version:  2.1.3
> Resolution:              |   Keywords:
>       Port:  octopus     |
> -------------------------+--------------------------------
>
> Comment (by larryv@…):
>
>  Replying to [comment:3 dstrubbe@…]:
>  > This release is now live. This should fix the livecheck and checksum
>  issues.
>
>  A few more things:
>
>  - We prefer RMD160 and SHA256 for Portfile checksums. You should leave out
>  SHA1, unless upstream publishes a SHA1 hash.
>  - The default for `use_parallel_build` is already “yes”, so you can leave
>  that out.
>  - The default for `test.cmd` is the value of `build.cmd`, which defaults
>  to “make”, so you can leave that out if you haven’t changed `build.cmd`.
>  - Using `active_variants` procs directly in variant scripts will cause
>  issues when MacPorts processes the Portfile on systems that don’t have the
>  pertinent ports present. See [https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail
>  /macports-dev/2013-June/023047.html this macports-dev post]. In short,
>  they need to be in a `pre-configure` script.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39282#comment:4>
> MacPorts <http://www.macports.org/>
> Ports system for OS X

Thanks for the feedback. In a new Portfile, I switched to SHA256, updated
checksums, fixed master_sites, moved configure.args outside pre-configure
(or else the configure.args-append in the variants scripts didn't seem to
do anything), removed the defaults you mention, and moved the
require_active_variants calls to pre-configure. However, the
require_active_variants don't seem to have any effect now; I can't figure
out what the problem is. Can you see the problem?

Thanks,
David