problem with MacPorts under Mavericks/Xcode5

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Jun 21 07:09:45 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:57:35AM -0400, Mark Anderson wrote:
> I have a short term workaround to anyone who is also under the NDA.
> I'm trying to come up with a long term solution. Email me if you are
> in the Mac Developer Program and would like that info. I'm certain I
> can't post it publicly here. We should probably set up a MacPorts-dev
> discussion topic over in the NDA cleared apple forums for those of us
> in it.
>
> Mark

Mark,
   I think the some of the general concepts involved can be reproduced on 10.7/10.8
if you reinstall the appropriate OS from the App Store but don't reinstall the
Command Line Tools but instead set your shell path to access them from
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin instead. This should also
have purged out /usr/include and any headers installed in /System/Library/Frameworks.
If MacPorts is adjusted to allow for the non-installation of the Command Line Tools
under 10.7/10.8 to be a supported configuration, the adjustments to MacPorts will
address many of the same issues.
             Jack