[106813] trunk/base/src/port1.0/portstartupitem.tcl

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Jun 22 15:06:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 02:15:09AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> SystemStarter can't start programs on demand, can it? I thought only
> launchd could do that, and that SystemStarter required a system
> restart.

Is SystemStarter even used on any platform currently supported by
MacPorts base? It did seem to me this code was obsolete and should
rather be removed completely, rather than updated. I did change the
output for consistency only.

Anybody who would object removing the SystemStarter code, please raise
your hand now.

--
Clemens Lang