[MacPorts] KDE modified

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Mar 4 20:21:46 PST 2013

> I think they convey the right air of dampening down end-users' expectations (recall two recent examples of those on macports-users).

We might might as well lament "you must run the MacPorts installer" as we're not bundled with OS X.

> I do not think those words are any reflection on the power of MacPorts, but I would
> be happy to qualify them in some way if others think that.

I fear it's ambiguous and distracting because the definition of "out of the box" could be interpreted as any number of things. I don't feel it contributes to the "How do I setup KDE?" conversation and is commentary—which I share I wouldn't put in a "how to" wiki.