user manuals

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 03:40:27 PST 2013

On 07/03/2013, at 7:03 PM, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2013, at 4:57 AM, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> I looked at the main.log for ticket 37620, but there is a lot of concurrency and it is hard…
> Concurrency?!  I wasn't aware of that, actually.

You must be.  "make" runs parallel build streams all the time (-j option), but it is supposed to
work out the dependencies and not try to compile code too soon.

It crossed my mind that meinproc4 sometimes might not work in parallel with itself, but I think
if that were so it would long ago have come up in KDE development builds.  BTW, I don't think
KMyMoney really needs a man page, so if parallelism is the problem you could just leave out
the man page in Macports.

>> I guess you tried commenting out the "ADD_SUBDIRECTORY( doc )" line (line 309)
>> in https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/office/kmymoney/repository/revisions/master/entry/CMakeLists.txt
>> and maybe lines 310-312 or either/both the lines in doc/CMakeLists.txt.
>
> Thanks so much for pointing THIS out!!

Old kdegames4 trick.  Sometimes, during development, other people's games fail to build … ;-)

> So, perhaps this is it now!!!  Great!  I'll take care of kmymoney4 itself later.

Well, it gets meinproc4 out of your hair for now, but KMyMoney *should* have a Handbook … :-)

> Thanks again, Ian! :-)

No worries.  Cheers, Ian W.