qt4-mac+debug - Problems with Debug libs in Qt

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Mar 12 00:45:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

all along qt4-mac worked fine for me for Release and Debug configurations within Qt-creator 2.6.0...

But now, I get a ton of messages like these printed out when I start the debug-executable:
---
.
.
.
objc[692]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /opt/macports-test/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui_debug and /opt/macports-test/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
QObject::moveToThread: Current thread (0x101c156c0) is not the object's thread (0x101cd22b0).
Cannot move to target thread (0x101c156c0)

On Mac OS X, you might be loading two sets of Qt binaries into the same process. Check that all plugins are compiled against the right Qt binaries. Export DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 and check that only one set of binaries are being loaded.
QObject::moveToThread: Current thread (0x101c156c0) is not the object's thread (0x101cd22b0).
Cannot move to target thread (0x101c156c0)
.
.
.
---
The app actually gets executed and I am able to debug it in qt-creator.

Strange, however, is that the app's main drop-down menu doesn't get displayed fully anymore! It is just the app's 1st menu title visible (where you find e.g. the "About" menu item), all others are missing. (The menu is complete when I run the release version, though.)

I suspect that this might be introduced due to a recent update of qt4-mac, since all was fine before that. (At least I am sure that I didn't see the above messages last year!)

I wonder what I can do to analyze or even solve this issue.

Greets,
Marko