Neither curl / curl-ca-bundle ports include mk-ca-bundle.pl

Richard Michael rmichael at edgeofthenet.org
Tue Mar 19 05:06:43 PDT 2013

I'm unsure if I should open a ticket to raise this idea..

The curl port includes the documentation (man page, HTML and PDF) for
the mk-ca-bundle.pl script which is used to assemble the ca-cert.pem
file from Mozilla's certdata.txt.  However, the actual perl script
itself is not included, AFAICT, in either curl-related port.

If there is interest, I'll write a patch.  Though, should all the
mk-ca-bundle related material (.pl and docs) should go into the
curl-ca-bundle port?  OTOH, one might want to install the mk-ca-bundle
tools without installing the CA certs, so I could also see the bundle
tools remaining in the curl port.

Regards