Neither curl / curl-ca-bundle ports include mk-ca-bundle.pl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 19 07:33:49 PDT 2013

On Mar 19, 2013, at 07:06, Richard Michael wrote:

> The curl port includes the documentation (man page, HTML and PDF) for
> the mk-ca-bundle.pl script which is used to assemble the ca-cert.pem
> file from Mozilla's certdata.txt.  However, the actual perl script
> itself is not included, AFAICT, in either curl-related port.
>
> If there is interest, I'll write a patch.  Though, should all the
> mk-ca-bundle related material (.pl and docs) should go into the
> curl-ca-bundle port?  OTOH, one might want to install the mk-ca-bundle
> tools without installing the CA certs, so I could also see the bundle
> tools remaining in the curl port.

The curl port runs "make install". The curl developers didn't include the mk-ca-bundle.pl script in the files that get installed when running "make install" which is why it doesn't end up getting installed by the port.

I'm not opposed to installing the script. What's the use case for a user needing to run it?

Note that there has also been a request to not build a bundle, but to install individual certificates:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35474