Neither curl / curl-ca-bundle ports include mk-ca-bundle.pl

Richard Michael rmichael at edgeofthenet.org
Tue Mar 19 09:47:10 PDT 2013

Actually, I don't think there's much of a use-case for a user running
it.  I wanted to hack on the script, and I looked in the curl port for
it.

It would be a slight time saver: as the port contained docs, I looked
around the ports and then ultimately downloaded the curl tarball
(didn't see the script alone on the curl homepage).  So, it's more for
completeness sake; I'd remove the docs or add the script.

Aside, I wanted to hack on it because the "PEM" certificates it
generates are not, strictly-speaking, PEM format.  The script uses
MIME::Base64::encode() and thus generates MIME base64 76-character
lines, while PEM base64 requires 64-character lines.  In particular,
this makes it challenging to diff against openssl generated
64-character line PEM certificates.

I have no preference regarding "flat file" vs. directory; both openssl
and curl support CA paths.