blacklist all flavors of a GCC version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 20 13:51:24 PDT 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 09:21, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2013-03-20 14:30, Leo Singer wrote:
>> Are changes like this to port1.0/ reflected by 'sudo port selfupdate'?
>
> Changes to base/ first require a new release of MacPorts itself and then
> they will be available with a selfupdate.

Right. So test this new feature all you want in local ports on your hard drive, or even in your private users directory in the repository, but don't commit changes to the public ports tree that rely on this feature, until a few weeks after MacPorts 2.2 is released. There is currently no ETA for when that will be, although there are already a few changes in 2.2 that I'd like to see released soon.