GitHub Downloads and the github portgroup

Ben Smith ben at wbpsystems.com
Fri Mar 29 15:05:59 PDT 2013

Hi Lawrence -

I was running it with sudo so I'm not sure this mattered, but I've given
the macports user R/W access to the ports folder.  Same behavior.

THANK YOU! For the increadibly helpful note about live check.

Ben

On Friday, March 29, 2013, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2013, at 9:42 AM, Ben Smith <ben at wbpsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> I've updated my portfile (attached) for EGSimulation, however I can't
>> seem to test it with the local repository; I'm able to index my local
>> repository (and it succeeds) but when I search or install I grab the
>> file from the default/public repository.  Does someone have a good
>> method of testing portfiles when you are updating existing ports? (and
>> I can't remove the default url entirely because I'm using portgroups
>> -- which it then can't find)
>
> Does the macports user (or equivalent, if you've changed it) have read
access to your local repository?

>> Secondly, I've never fully understood livecheck system.  Am I correct
>> in understanding that somehow the livecheck system when it encounters
>> a number  in regex that it knows to only look for numbers greater than
>> the current version number?
>
> You can see what the livecheck is doing by using "port -d livecheck". If
you're using a regex livecheck, it compares "livecheck.version" (which
defaults to the value of "version") to the first capture of each match,
using "vercmp".

> vq

Ben Smith
Founder / CSA