GitHub Downloads and the github portgroup

Ben Smith ben at wbpsystems.com
Sat Mar 30 07:20:35 PDT 2013

So, I've figured out what was causing this problem; though I don't
understand why.   My port update has been posted here:
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/38587 (Ryan is the commiter of my
original portfile in Changeset 99349)

When using the github port group you can not specify "name"  and
"version"; you must assume that the github port group will do that for
you correctly.  It won't produce an error when you run portindex, but
you won't be able to find it when you search for it.

Anyhow, I'm just writing this to document the issue so if someone is
googling because they have the same issue they will find some
information.

Again, thanks to Lawrence for the incredibly informative information
about live check and to Alex for the variable order of github.setup.
I do think that some of this info about port group created commands
probably should be documented somewhere (maybe a wiki?).

Thanks!

Ben

--
Ben Smith