local PortGroup repo?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Nov 2 05:04:53 PDT 2013

On 2013-11-01 21:02, Dan Ports wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 03:21:36PM -0400, Eric Gallager wrote:
>> Really? That's strange, I could've sworn I was able to use the qmake
>> portgroup in my local PortFile repository successfully when I was testing
>> it...
>
> I believe portfiles will use portgroups from their own repository, so
> portgroups in a local repository will affect your local ports but not
> override ones in the default repo.

Yes, port groups will be used from their own ports tree. Only if the
port group file does not exist there, it falls back to using the port
group from the default ports tree. This is the same behavior that is
applied for all files in the _resources directory.

I added a debug message in r112824 [1], which makes it easier to see
which port groups are sourced.

Rainer

[1] https://trac.macports.org/changeset/112824