[113152] trunk/dports

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Nov 10 20:43:12 PST 2013

On Nov 10, 2013, at 18:51, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2013, at 19:04, jeremyhu at macports.org wrote:
>
>> Revision
>> 113152
>> Author
>> jeremyhu at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2013-11-10 17:04:28 -0800 (Sun, 10 Nov 2013)
>> Log Message
>>
>> multiple: Replace -fvi with -fi in autoreconf.args since base now includes —verbose
>

>> use_autoreconf  yes
>>
>> -autoreconf.args -fvi
>>
>> +autoreconf.args -fi
>
> The default autoreconf.args in base in trunk are “--install --verbose”, equivalent to “-iv”. But if you’re going to overwrite autoreconf.args, as you do here, then any default value is irrelevant. If you want verbose, you need to specify verbose.
>
> Or, append to autoreconf.args instead of overwriting them: if you want to force, then you could:
>
> autoreconf.args-append --force

The purpose of my doing this to all these ports (and ones that I did as I encountered them) was because '--verbose' was added to pre_args a couple months ago, and the --verbose flag increases verbosity the more it is used.  Thus removing it from the port reduces the number of --verbose flags down to 1.

I see that it was moved from pre_args into args in base a few days ago which completely defeats the purpose of this patch, so I need to not only revert this bug go back and revert all the places that I've changed it from -fvi to -fi over the past couple months...

What was the reason for moving it from pre_args to args?  I don't really see that in the commit message.

--Jeremy