List of license abbreviations?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 14 04:36:31 PST 2013

On Nov 14, 2013, at 06:32, Peter Danecek <Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it> wrote:

> Anyway, the license I am looking at is Creative Common Attribution 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0).
> Is "CC-BY-3.0" the appropriate/correct abbreviation?

The format of a license specification must be:

licensename (any version)
licensename-licenseversion (this version only)
licensename-licenseversion+ (this version or later)

So, a single dash only.

Any “.0” at the end of a licenseversion is to be deleted.

So that would make it “CCBY-3”. If it’s distributable that would have to be added to the script.

Possibly one of the generic license names could be used instead.

> I understand it should be distributable, it's not binary though, but the hashes seem to be platform dependent in some way.
> Any actions required?

I don’t know.