master_sites

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Nov 14 06:36:36 PST 2013

On 2013-11-15 01:22 , Peter Danecek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for curiosity I tried to put this into a Portfile the following:
>
> 	master_sites        pypi:PyODE
>

> This would not work, but I wonder why or if this could not be possible? It would then resolve to:
>
> 	http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/PyODE/PyODE-1.2.1.tar.gz
> or
> 	https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/PyODE/PyODE-1.2.1.tar.gz

It would have to be pypi:P/PyODE as there's currently no way to insert a
dynamic part into the URL (cf. the debian mirrors). But anyway, the main
purpose of this mechanism is to allow the lists of mirrors to be updated
in one place, so there really isn't much point when there's just the one
URL.

- Josh