Compile/Link 101

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sat Oct 5 12:30:30 PDT 2013

I think Craig is referring to the comment within the Portfile for
qt4-mac, about 2/5 of the way down under "Block various compilers".
MacPorts' build of Qt4 requires the use of CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH, and
post-configure I remove any -I${prefix}/lib entries to keep them from
appearing at inappropriate ordering during the build stage. So, I
blacklist all known compilers with this issue; it's the compiler that
makes the difference, much more than the version of XCode (though they
are related). And, during configuration Qt4 checks this property too. I
think MythTV doesn't do path ordering carefully, but it's been a bit
since I looked at that project. - MLD