Compile/Link 101

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Oct 5 13:03:20 PDT 2013

Sorry, I'd had a few different tabs open and must
have pasted the link from the wrong one.

I've bent Michael's ear on this before, but
Myth's build system is extremely hard for me to
follow particularly due to QMake.  Different
platforms get different qmkspec files--which are
actually a chain of nested include files
sometimes overriding each other.  I asked about
this case because none of that was involved...and
I still didn't understand why XCode 5.0 succeeded
and XCode 4.3 failed.  At least now, I've got a
clue.

OTOH, I checked the clang man page under XCode 5
and it still doesn't mention the LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable.

Craig