Fix for github-1.0 PortGroup to test

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 11 09:58:19 PDT 2013

On Oct 11, 2013, at 08:29, Michael Dickens wrote:

> The github PortGroup is not selecting the livecheck type correctly
> because the regexp isn't correct (or, that's the way I debug it).
> Also, strings should be compared using "eq" and so forth ([string
> equals ...] should work, but "eq" is easier to read IMHO).  So, here's
> a patch I'm proposing to fix these, and add a comment as to what the
> regexp is trying to accomplish.  This fix works for both commits and
> tags for me (I did not try a combined commit/tag), but I'd like some
> others to verify before I commit it.  Thanks! - MLD

The regular expression checks for 9 or more hex characters, so that version number like "3" or "20131011" are not interpreted as git commit hashes. So I would not change that part. There's no reason why maintainers who need to use a git commit hash should not be specifying the full 40-character hash.

As for the string comparisons, we should change those.