request for help (uberftp) ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Tue Sep 3 13:55:37 PDT 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 22:06 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> The other thing I see, which may not be related but which is still a problem, is that it's building with /usr/bin/gcc. That's not the right compiler:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

Okay, the configure script indeed seems to ignore the environment variable CC. always used /usr/bin/gcc also for the manual approach.

What would be the right way to fix this?
- patch the Makefile.in before configuring;
- apply a patch on the Makefile;

Ideally one would probably fix the configure script, but I have no idea how to do that.

~petr