Weird checksum changes

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Sep 18 05:52:07 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 01:47:10PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Developers are free to delete, add, move, ... the tags. And even
> remove part of the history or completely replace the repositories.

Even when the developers don't modify tags, or you specify a commit
explicitly, the tarballs sometimes magically change. We've previously
seen this with the tig port, for example.

A couple of weeks later, things usually go back to the old distfile
(with the old checksum). I have no idea why this happens.

--
Clemens Lang