Tcl question ...

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Sep 19 05:55:54 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-19 14:51, Peter Danecek wrote:
> Thanks for your quick replies.
> Where can I find some list of these aliases?

There are not many procedural statements to be used in Portfiles
(otherwise we are missing a necessary declarative abstraction):

https://www.macports.org/guide/#reference.tcl-extensions

> Another one:
> I also try to copy some examples into a doc directory I am trying this:
> --- snip ---
> post-destroot {
>     file copy ${worksrcpath}/${distname}.html ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}
>     file mkdir ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}/examples
>     file copy ${worksrcpath}/Examples ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}/examples
> }
> --- snap ---
>
> In this way I end up with:
>   /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/BitVector-3.3.html
>   /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/Examples/BitVectorDemo.py
>   /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/Examples/README
> […]
>
> But I would prefer to end up with something link this
> […]
>   /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/BitVectorDemo.py
>   /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/README
> […]

Simply leave out the 'file mkdir ...' step.

The same rules as for a normal 'cp' on the shell apply here. When
copying a directory into a existing directory, you end up with a
subdirectory. If you specify a last path component that does not exist
yet, that is the name of the copied directory.

Rainer