Tcl question ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Thu Sep 19 06:37:19 PDT 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 14:55 , Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2013-09-19 14:51, Peter Danecek wrote:
>> Thanks for your quick replies.
>> Where can I find some list of these aliases?
>
> There are not many procedural statements to be used in Portfiles
> (otherwise we are missing a necessary declarative abstraction):
>
> https://www.macports.org/guide/#reference.tcl-extensions

Thanks!

I see there is the `ln` alias. So I tried to replace the following line
    file link   ${worksrcpath}/TestBitVector/BitVector.py ../BitVector.py

 with
    ln ../BitVector.py  ${worksrcpath}/TestBitVector/BitVector.py

The first works the second fails, so what is I understood wrong?

>> Another one:
>> I also try to copy some examples into a doc directory I am trying this:
>> --- snip ---
>> post-destroot {
>>    file copy ${worksrcpath}/${distname}.html ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}
>>    file mkdir ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}/examples
>>    file copy ${worksrcpath}/Examples ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${subport}/examples
>> }
>> --- snap ---
>>
>> In this way I end up with:
>>  /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/BitVector-3.3.html
>>  /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/Examples/BitVectorDemo.py
>>  /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/Examples/README
>> […]
>>
>> But I would prefer to end up with something link this
>> […]
>>  /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/BitVectorDemo.py
>>  /opt/local/share/doc/py27-BitVector/examples/README
>> […]
>

> Simply leave out the 'file mkdir ...' step.

I did, but the result is exactly the same. I actually, had it like this before but added the mkdir as an experiment.

> The same rules as for a normal 'cp' on the shell apply here. When
> copying a directory into a existing directory, you end up with a
> subdirectory. If you specify a last path component that does not exist
> yet, that is the name of the copied directory.

Here, it seems to be slightly different. I experimented with and without trailing `/` but nothing changes. For Unix `cp -R` this matter!

~petr