introducing Trac_Assigner: a script to automatically assign tickets to their port maintainer

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Sep 22 10:35:40 PDT 2013

On Sep 22, 2013, at 6:48 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2013-9-22 05:22 , MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be much more efficient to have this already dealt with by trac itself during ticket creation?
> Probably. You are certainly welcome to write such a trac plugin. :-)

Josh, I had brought this up quite a while ago already. Since then I am subscribed to the trac's ML, but so far - as you can see - I haven't yet come around to code anything. ;-(
(Obviously the issue hasn't yet surpassed my suffering threshold…)

But I really think it would be best to integrate it at trac level, instead of letting every maintainer her/himself query trac's current database and run Eric's script. Too much redundant traffic.
When I saw his post popping up in my inbox I cheered, because I thought it's the long-awaited trac-integrated feature...
I wish Eric had known about this idea, perhaps he would have avoided to code that much perl and instead had dived into coding that trac-plugin. :-)

Marko