introducing Trac_Assigner: a script to automatically assign tickets to their port maintainer

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Sep 22 11:57:05 PDT 2013

Hi Eric,

On Sep 22, 2013, at 8:43 PM, Eric Le Lay wrote:
> So I've preferred to cover the need first, with
> maybe a bit too much traffic
> - not so much I think, after a first overhaul of old/missed tickets.
you are right, of course.

> I hope it could be set up as a cron job on some macports server, not run
> by every maintainer (no need to: it assigns each and every ticket). This
> way, having it run once per day, the resulting traffic would not be
> too high.
That's true. I didn't think about that now.

> Another way to curb traffic overflow (if it exists) would be to install
> the trac XML-RPC plugin (or is it already installed ?) and let the
> script talk to trac this way instead of parsing web pages/posting forms.
That's another possible variant.

Anyway, just to make sure, my post isn't to be understood as criticism, as I am myself happy to have the possibility to use your solution for my own ports, if need be.
Thanks for sharing your code!

Greets,
Marko