2.3.0

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Apr 3 08:59:16 PDT 2014

On 4/3/14, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:

> However, I've noticed during my last use of port_cutleaves from contrib [1] that
> I see failures to open Portfiles from registry a lot more often than I used to.
> I tried investigating a little, but haven't been able to pinpoint a reason for
> that. It might just be my installation (because I had to manually intervene with
> the database upgrade), but I guess making sure and giving it another look
> wouldn't hurt.
>
> Can anybody reproduce this? It might not be a critical problem though, because it'd
> only break pre-/post-deactivate hooks, and we don't have a lot of those anyway.

I count 13 Portfiles with pre-deactivate hooks and 33 Portfiles with
post-deactivate hooks. Of course that is not counting the PortGroups
that use them: all 3 Haskell PortGroups use pre-deactivate hooks, and
there are a few hundred Portfiles using the main Haskell PortGroup.
Also, the Octave, TeXLive, and x11font PortGroups each use
post-deactivate hooks, and there are a few hundred more Portfiles
using at least one of those PortGroups, between the three of them...
idk if "a few hundred" is enough to be considered "a lot", considering
that we have over 18000 ports overall currently, but I think it is
still enough to consider giving it a look...