Noticing Perl stuff along the wire again

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Apr 4 13:24:37 PDT 2014

On Apr 4, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Mark Anderson <emer at emer.net> wrote:

> I know we've argued about this time and time again, but Perl issues are coming back up it seems. I've started work - admittedly not getting very far on the cpan-mp idea. I'm still trying to figure out /base to be honest and brush off my Perl-XS skills.

do you have anything where someone can look at it?

I'd be interested in helping make things better...

> I feel like we have had this argument again and again, and I'm loathe to start this argument again, but at what point are we going to pull the trigger on keeping one perl, deciding to drop old Perls, that kind of thing. I can put together a proposal and drop it on the wiki - if that will make things easier to decide/pick apart.

A wiki page might be a good idea - it seems like there are a few people who are strongly opposed to that general plan (keeping just one good perl), and that there's been enough inertia to keep things from changing.

--
Daniel J. Luke