New MacPorts web site

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Apr 7 11:40:31 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Dear fellow MacPorts developers and enthusiasts,
>
> I’ve been working on a new MacPorts web site for some time, and I would like to share with you my work so far:

Amazing!

> Further work to be done, in no particular order and not necessarily before the first release:
>
>  * Further database and import script overhauls (maybe later)
>  * Port search, at least equivalent to what ports.php on the current web site can do (essential)
>  * Port pages:
>    * Variants (essential)
>    * Licenses (essential)
>    * Subports (essential)

It would be really nice if subports were grouped together. Having 7
ports listed for each perl module is an overkill in most cases. It
just contributes to the number of ports ending up spread across 414
pages.

Like others, I would also suggest to:
- allow one to see more ports on the page (I wouldn't mind having
hundred per page ;)
- instead of numbering the pages as [1] [2] [3] ... [414] for listing
the ports it would be really useful to have alphabetical sorting
[A-Alg][Ali-Any]...

>    * Distributability and binary package availability (nice to have; pretty easy)

Yes, that would be great. I would add
   * History of builds on the buildbots (links to them and whether
they were successful or not) (nice to have; a lot more work)

>    * Version and revision history (nice to have; difficult)

But a link to browser on trac does what 90% users need/want.

Mojca