tiff revbump?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Apr 13 16:56:40 PDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

On 14 Apr 2014, at 01:51 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> If a binary on our packages server is mislinked (i.e. linked with a previous version of a dependency’s library) such that rev-upgrade decides to rebuild it, we should revbump to fix the binary package.
OK.

> However, I looked at one of the binary packages (tiff-4.0.3_2.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2) and did not see any obvious mislinking. Do you know why rev-upgrade decided to rebuild tiff on your system?
I have no clue.
The only idea I had was that I started the whole MacPorts installation from scratch and it ran perhaps for 4 hrs (with a 1h of short interruptions) and somewhere in between I saw rev-upgrade rebuilding tiff… So, I thought that some other dependency of tiff must have changed in the meantime.

Greets,
Marko