Welcome Our GSoC 2014 Students

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Apr 24 09:56:48 PDT 2014

Hi Gaurav, Kyle and Shashwat

I'd also like to welcome you to the MacPorts project. I'm looking forward to
a great summer and some very nice new features to be implemented during this
GSoC.

First, if you didn't already contact your assigned mentor, you should do so now.
You've also received an email with details on how to claim your MacPorts
username (which we call handle) and get your email address below the macports.org
domain. If you haven't done so yet, please follow the instructions in this email
now.

Once your email address works, please register in Trac [1] with your new address
or change the email of your existing account [2]. You must also add an entry for
yourself in the MacPorts Developers list at [3]. You can edit this page once you
are logged into Trac.

The next step would be to get you up to speed with your development environment,
setting up a branch and giving you an introduction into SVN. I've already heard
from Gaurav that he wouldn't mind a little SVN primer and I think we can avoid
duplicating the work of giving that if you, Shashwat or Kyle, are also interested.

To get that started, please state
 - whether you would be interested in attending an SVN primer, e.g. on
   IRC/Skype/Google Hangout/etc.
 - if you're interested, what your local timezone is, so we can figure out a time
   that might work for all of us.

Again, welcome to MacPorts. We're glad to have you!

[1] https://trac.macports.org/
[2] https://trac.macports.org/auth/password/change/
[3] http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsDevelopers

--