checking for variant behaviour

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:54:02 PDT 2014

I've experienced a catch-22 with port variant dependencies. The FreeCAD port I'm working on checks for the 'aqua' variant of Coin and Soqt. I did not list a dependency on those ports since they would install without the variant by default if the user did not install those ports manually beforehand. However I noticed the following in Frank's log:

:debug:archivefetch Ignoring active_variants requirement for Coin because archivefetch-type install only considers depends_lib depends_run and those do not contain Coin
:debug:archivefetch Ignoring active_variants requirement for Soqt because archivefetch-type install only considers depends_lib depends_run and those do not contain Soqt

In other words the variant check is disabled because there isn't a lib or run dependency on those ports. How do I get around this?

Mark