new ports and maintainer

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Mon Aug 11 10:32:48 PDT 2014

Daniel J. Luke writes:

> On Aug 9, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Sean Farley <sean at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>>> In fact I've proposed combining openmaintainer and nomaintainer before. But would this actually get us anything useful?
>>
>> For one, it would save the manual work of reminding devs that forget.
>> For another, it would be consolidate some of the work that it takes to
>> remind people on Trac.
>
> what?
>
> how does changing the label in the portfile do any of that?

It saves the emailing and new commits to change openmaintainer to
nomaintainer for mistakes. Furthermore, it makes removing a name from a
maintainer list a simple task of search and replace, rather than
figuring out if that name was the last one so nomaintainer can be added
(and also checking that openmaintainer wasn't in that list). This change
would be a small step in streamlining macports development.