port echo prints trailing whitespace

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Wed Aug 13 14:30:18 PDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

It does this because it’s prepared to handle showing the version as well. i.e., in port echo installed, for instance.

The special cases could be changed to use a minimal amount of white space, I suppose, depending on what fields are being displayed.

Note, too, that passing the quiet flag prints only the port name, and no extra whitespace.

James