Remove p5.8 and p5.10

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Aug 17 04:01:02 PDT 2014

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Frank Schima wrote:
>
>> I believe all the RPM ports below rpm53 should be removed. We could ping the maintainers (CC’ed to this email).
>
> This ticket explains that the various rpm ports are not exactly different versions of the same software; some of them are different software and should be kept:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/36318

As noted in the bug report, I don't think that *more* versions of RPM
would help with updating the ports with the latest whims of perl/python.

One could easily add rpm48 and rpm410/rpm411 ports, with enough interest.
But it doesn't have anything to do with the perl5 changes/upgrades here...

And it doesn't help to solve the situation:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38456

--anders