Remove p5.8 and p5.10

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Aug 17 06:49:50 PDT 2014

Frank Schima wrote:

>> Later we could remove perl5.8 and perl5.10, though at present some ports still depend on them:
>>
>> $ port echo depends:perl5.8 and not name:^p5.8
>> subversion-perlbindings-5.8
>> rpm
>> rpm45
>> rpm50
>> rpm51
>> rpm52
>> rpm53
>> $ port echo depends:perl5.10 and not name:^p5.10
>> subversion-perlbindings-5.10
>> $
>
> I totally agree that we should remove perl 5.8 and 5.10 as soon as reasonably possible.
>
> The rpm53 port already has a perl5_12 variant that can be used. These ports appear very out of date and I doubt anyone uses them. rpm53 also depends on python25! I believe all the RPM ports below rpm53 should be removed. We could ping the maintainers (CC’ed to this email).

I updated the perl5.8 to perl5.16, so that you can hit snooze on fixing them to perl5.
Deleted some old ports while doing so: rpm50, rpm51, yum-arch, poldek, apt-rpm

Also upgraded python2.5 to python2.7 (already upgraded from python2.4 to python2.7)
including the dependencies since python modules aren't "link" compatible either

--anders