[124031] trunk/dports/_resources

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 18 22:35:32 PDT 2014

Remember to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.

On Aug 18, 2014, at 2:11 PM, Kyle Sammons wrote:

> Hey Ryan,
>
>> How is this file used? If this list is meant to be exhaustive, you're missing some versions (e.g. 4.0.x and 4.1.x on 10.6)
>
> This file is the thing that 'port doctor' looks at when attempting to see if the correct version of Xcode is installed for a given OS version. It's meant to just be a configuration file that we can update with Xcode/OS updates so that we won't have to change the internal code. I got all the version information from here, (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/XcodeVersionInfo).

XcodeVersionInfo isn't exhaustive either. It would be nice if we list info about every available Xcode version there, but we haven't yet. I did at least add the Xcode 4.0.x and 4.1.x version info for Snow Leopard last month. You may want to check the WikiPedia page linked from that page for a more complete version list.