GSoC Project: Final Report

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Aug 30 09:17:40 PDT 2014

When using the -y "dry-run" option, I get a prompt at every level of the dependency tree. This doesn't seem right.

    % sudo port -y install appstream-glib
    For icu: skipping org.macports.main (dry run)
    --->  Computing dependencies for boost
    The following dependencies will be installed:  icu
    Continue? [Y/n]: n
    --->  Computing dependencies for source-highlight
    The following dependencies will be installed:
     boost
     icu
    Continue? [Y/n]: n
    --->  Computing dependencies for gtk-doc
    The following dependencies will be installed:
     boost
     icu
     source-highlight
    Continue? [Y/n]: n
    Skipping deactivate gtk-doc @1.20_4+python27 (dry run)
    Skipping activate gtk-doc @1.20_5+python27 (dry run)
    --->  Computing dependencies for appstream-glib
    For appstream-glib: skipping org.macports.main (dry run)
    %

When I remove -y and run again, I get no prompts at all. This also doesn't seem right.

    % sudo port install appstream-glib
    --->  Fetching source for icu
    --->  Attempting to fetch icu4c-53_1-src.tgz from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/icu
    --->  Verifying checksums for icu
    --->  Extracting icu
    --->  Applying patches to icu
    --->  Configuring icu
    --->  Building icu
    --->  Staging icu into destroot
    --->  Installing icu @53.1_1
    --->  Activating icu @53.1_1
    --->  Cleaning icu
    --->  Computing dependencies for boost
    --->  Fetching source for boost
    --->  Attempting to fetch boost_1_56_0.tar.bz2 from http://superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.56.0
          [                                        ]  75.7 %        speed: 749.5 KiB/s

vq