manual download and buildbot ...

petr 976F at ingv.it
Wed Aug 20 02:45:10 PDT 2014

Mojca,
thanks for looking up the details.

On 20 Aug 2014, at 11:31, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM, petr wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yesterday I had a look at some ports which require manual download (py-nio/py-ngl).
>
> Is this a technical issue or a licence limitation? It's not yet clear
> to me why the licence wouldn't allow fetching the code automatically,
> but I didn't try to read it carefully.

I have found the port with this manual download, and admit I not looked into details of the license yet. I just assumed the manual download is there for some good reason.

> I get a weird link, for example:
>    https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.htm?logicalFileId=c59d162c-b960-11e0-a567-00c0f03d5b7c
> but then that link works properly with wget or in the browser.

A guess would be that the provider wants to impose that some note or disclaimer is accepted first. So I am not sure, if circumventing this barrier is actually compliant with the license. But maybe we can find an alternative solution, will check the details here.

Still, I guess this does not directly address my question, but suggest and alternative solution …
~petr