manual download and buildbot ...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 20 16:20:01 PDT 2014

On Aug 20, 2014, at 4:31 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM, petr wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yesterday I had a look at some ports which require manual download (py-nio/py-ngl).
>
> Is this a technical issue or a licence limitation? It's not yet clear
> to me why the licence wouldn't allow fetching the code automatically,
> but I didn't try to read it carefully.
>
> I get a weird link, for example:
>    https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.htm?logicalFileId=c59d162c-b960-11e0-a567-00c0f03d5b7c
> but then that link works properly with wget or in the browser.

We have plenty of ports downloading from URLs with GET parameters and can handle that in MacPorts:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#fetchwithgetparams

But please check the license whether automated downloading of the distfile and/or mirroring is permitted. If it's unclear, ask them.

If automated downloading is permitted but mirroring is not, email admin at macosforge dot org and ask that this port be put on the secret do-not-mirror list.