GSoC Project: Final Report

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Aug 24 12:16:29 PDT 2014

On Aug 18, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Shashwat Pandey <devshashwatpandey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have worked on 'Interactive Port Command' project this summer and have completed many use cases.
>
> You can find more details about the project here.
> To check out the code, visit the repository here.
>
> Interactivity is the default behaviour now and to access the current behaviour (non-interactive invocations), the flag '-N' needs to be used.
>
> I am currently testing the implementations and request the list to point out any bugs they find. If anyone has identified more use cases please report so that I can add them to the list on the wiki page.

Can someone running trunk post-r124243 tell me whether they can use "port uninstall --follow-dependencies" successfully? It does not work for me at all.

    % sudo port uninstall --follow-dependencies py34-requests
    --->  Deactivating py34-requests @2.3.0_0
    --->  Cleaning py34-requests
    --->  Uninstalling py34-requests @2.3.0_0
    Error: Failed to uninstall py34-requests: invalid command name ""
    Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for py34-requests @2.3.0_0
    Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: py34-requests not registered as installed
    %

This is extremely disruptive, and I'm going to revert the changes to registry2.0/portuninstall.tcl in an hour or two if no one can convince me that I'm insane.

vq