[129573] trunk/dports/games/Cockatrice/Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Dec 15 13:03:42 PST 2014

Hi Lawrence,

On 15 Dec 2014, at 21:50 , Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> Why are you only increasing the revision when you've actually completely changed the upstream software the port is retrieving? Using revision as a proxy for version (along with a made-up and meaningless version) is an abuse of our versioning system.

I simply was unsure how to handle the case of a non-existent version number for this project
when I created it back then.  Now I see that I have done something really wrong here… :-(

I didn’t mean to _abuse_ anything and I am sorry for the confusion caused with all this.
If you think it is really _necessary_ to go for epoch now, let me know.

All I can hope for is, that there will be a release with a true version number one day!

Regards,
Marko