[129573] trunk/dports/games/Cockatrice/Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Dec 15 14:09:02 PST 2014

Hi Lawrence,

On 15 Dec 2014, at 22:49 , Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> The best way to handle this situation is to set `version` to a revision number (only if upstream uses a version control system that has strictly increasing identifiers) or a date.

it doesn’t, as it is github.

> Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt; I wrote that email in a rush.

OK, accepted. :)

> Nothing is *broken* per se. The problem is that users who look at this port will be confused to see that it is at version 0.0.2 because the upstream project has no such versioning. It's up to you (I assume you're the maintainer) to decide whether that confusion is worth rectifying sooner rather than later.

OK. (Well, NO, I am not the maintainer, I just committed this port for someone else half a year
ago and tried to take care of its issues today...)

> I don't think switching from "0.0.2" to "2014-12-15" (or whatever the appropriate date is) would require increasing `epoch`, but I'm not sure.

Neither am I, which is why I don’t touch this now and wait for a real versioning to come. :)

Regards,
Marko