clang-3.6 build failure

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:13:10 PST 2014

On Sunday December 21 2014 17:48:00 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> Let's keep it on the list.

Oops. It'd help if the list software set the proper return address... ;)

> The port itself doesn't do anything. The compiler-rt build system uses $CC and $LD to determine whether particular architectures are supported by the system configuration. If you look at your log, the build drops "i386", "x86_64", and "x86_64h" for every library, indicating that it can't find the OS X SDK.

Right, that explains things. I already wondered about those messages.

> What? You've replaced xcodebuild and xcrun with scripts that point to Xcode even if all the shims are using the CLT?

Yep, for MacPorts' sake even:

#> cat /usr/bin/xcodebuild
#!/bin/sh

if [ "`xcode-select -p`" = "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools" ] ;then
        exec /Applications/Xcode.app//Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild "$@"
else
        exec "${0}.bin" "$@"
fi

#> cat /usr/bin/xcrun
#!/bin/sh

if [ "`xcode-select -p`" = "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools" ] ;then
        exec /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcrun "$@"
else
        exec "${0}.bin" "$@"
fi

The idea is to revert to the regular versions as soon as Xcode 6 starts getting a better reception. In the meantime, with these changes, xcodebuild and xcrun behave exactly the way they would if Xcode where the selected tool chain. The IDE version appears to run its internal tools no matter what CLT you have installed; I'm assuming the batch version does the same.

R.