clang-3.6 build failure

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Dec 21 14:48:00 PST 2014

Let's keep it on the list.

On Dec 21, 2014, at 5:34 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> How does the port determine what to use?

The port itself doesn't do anything. The compiler-rt build system uses $CC and $LD to determine whether particular architectures are supported by the system configuration. If you look at your log, the build drops "i386", "x86_64", and "x86_64h" for every library, indicating that it can't find the OS X SDK.

> I've modified my xcodebuild and xcrun scripts so that they point to /Applications/Xcode.app when the active setting is to the CLT.
>
> #> xcodebuild -version ; xcrun --show-sdk-path
> Xcode 5.1
> Build version 5B130a
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

What? You've replaced xcodebuild and xcrun with scripts that point to Xcode even if all the shims are using the CLT?

vq