setuuid/setguuid

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:33:28 PST 2014

On Tuesday December 23 2014 13:33:16 Clemens Lang wrote:
Hi

> > IIRC, OS X no longer allows setuuid/setguuid, or only under some conditions.
> > Isn't that something that ought to be addressed in the post-destroot?
> > I'd vote for removing the offending flags if they cannot have their intended
> > effect anyway.
>
> That's the first time I hear of that. Unless you have a source you can quote on
> that I'm not going to believe you, especially since my SUID (not setuuid, that's
> not a thing) binaries still work as I expect them to.

I really should stop trying to "contribute" when I don't have my full attention span at my disposal ...

Indeed, readcd etc will execute fine, and the access errors I got (but didn't report here) were simply because of read access permissions.

As to the SUID thing: I really am not sure where I read about this. Possibly when researching how I could get ggdb (from port:gdb) to work properly. Or possibly in relation to app bundle executables.

False alarm ...

R.