Wouldn't it be better to make sure a MacPorts installation always stays within /opt/local?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Feb 16 12:46:05 PST 2014

You might consider linking different directories to /opt/local for your various parallel installs. You’d similarly link other directories you need as well. The whole operation could be part of a bash function or alias to replace all the links.

But I am assuming macports can handle being inside a symlink since I recall it can operate across drives.