Wouldn't it be better to make sure a MacPorts installation always stays within /opt/local?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Feb 16 12:40:10 PST 2014

Thanks, Sean!

On 16 Feb 2014, at 21:29 , Sean Mehta <sean at mehta.io> wrote:
> 	$ ./configure --prefix=$MP_PREFIX
> 		--with-applications-dir=$MP_PREFIX/Applications \
> 		--with-tclpackage=$MP_PREFIX/Library/Tcl
I knew that this trick would work, because I used that in the past with my parallel installs… The thing is now that I don’t want to use anything else than /opt/local for all my parallel installs, in order to be able to use binary installs!

	BUT now I see that it should also work in this situation, you are right!

By using explicitly the above for every installation I should be able to make sure that no file lands outside /opt/local !

Of course I have to assume that there are no rogue ports.

Greets,
Marko