buildbot and binary archives ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Thu Feb 20 07:44:44 PST 2014

On 20 Feb 2014, at 16:00, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

> packages.macports.org/PACKAGENAME/

So looking up `http://packages.macports.org/py-obspy/` reveals that a binary archives were produces some time ago. These are marked "noarch", which is probably wrong. There are compiled extensions. I do not understand where this comes from, this was not changes in the Portfile. I suspected it might have been set by the Port Group, but if I read the code right, it is set only for the py-* port not the version specific subports.

The Port has `universal_variant       no`, but this has not changed neither.

Do I need to set supported_archs explicitly?

> Perhaps it’s the license of the package that prevents the binaries?

> The logs area available on the buildbot master for the mavericks post slave:
> https://build.macports.org/buildslaves/apple-mavericks-x86_64-ports

Do I understand this correct, only the logs from the last something like 24h are available?
What other possibilities I have to get older logs or to trigger a build again?

> In base, the Tcl script that does the license:
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl

Licences is LGPL-3, so this should not be the problem.

Thanks!
~petr