alternative dependencies, dependency record.

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Fri Feb 21 10:07:30 PST 2014

Hi all,

for one of my ports I would like to offer some flexible and I plan to allow different ports (here: PIL and Pillow) to satisfy the same dependency.

This is what relevant part from the Portfile:

    # PIL dependency: allow both PIL and Pillow to satisfy it.
    depends_run-append      path:${python.pkgd}/PIL:py${python.version}-Pillow

But I then realised that for the py27-Pillow port (and the same is true for py27-pil) no dependents are registered, while the port itself (here: py27-cartopy) still depends on it and I wonder if this is correct.

~petr

--- snip ---

petr% sudo port -v dependents py27-pillow
py27-Pillow has no dependents.

petr% port installed py27-cartopy
  py27-cartopy @0.10.0_0 (active)

petr% port -v deps subport=py27-cartopy
Full Name: py27-cartopy @0.10.0_0
Build Dependencies:   port:py27-setuptools, port:py27-cython, port:py27-numpy
Library Dependencies: port:python27, port:proj, port:geos
Runtime Dependencies: port:py27-numpy, port:py27-scipy, port:py27-matplotlib,
                      port:py27-shapely, port:py27-pyshp, port:py27-nose, port:py27-pep8,
                      port:py27-mock, path:/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL:py27-Pillow